Your Mom...

Somethin' for the Kiddies....

Monday, November 28, 2011

The Daily Hug

I just wanted to make sure I let you both know this story, in case you forget when you are grown-ups.

This is a really magical year, with Tommy as a Kindergartener and Lucy as a 2nd grader, they get to share the same playground for morning Recess each day of school.

It began on the first day, when I asked Lucy to make sure and find Tommy, say "hi!" and always watch out for your little brother on the playground.

Without any of my doing, you have continued to not only find each other each morning to say "hi!" but you also stop to hug each other every time. I ask every day and you never miss a day.

I always imagine a playground full of 100+ kids running around in mass chaos and you two Cavanaugh kids stopping and finding each other, and then giving each other that special hug each morning, just because you love each other and you are brother and sister.

You are so lucky to have each other!

1 Comments:

At 12:48 PM, Blogger M. said...

Very cute thought!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home



My Photo
Name:

I'm a 39 year old stay-at-home mom. I have a 9 year old daughter and a 7 year old son. I have lived in the big city and in the mountains, but am happy to be back in the Midwest, raising the fam. I enjoy laughing, wine, bad karaoke, US Weekly, running, cemetaries, cheese sticks and short hair-dos. In my previous life, I was class-clown and a wanna-be comedian. In my professional life, I'm a journalism major with 10 years of marketing and PR experience. I dream of being a cast member on Saturday Night Live and working at Disney World as Snow White.

Powered by Blogger